Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Half Hour to Health

If you like learning about how to eat naturally and live a more healthy life, but don't have the time or money to invest in a lot of books, the Half Hour to Health is for you. I discovered this You Tube account a year ago, and I absolutely love it!



Dr. Bergman is a chiropractor in California--he's the real deal. I don't live there, so I haven't been able to use his services, but this guy is the smartest chiropractor I've ever come across, so if he's half as good at chiropractic as he is in educating people on health, I'd use him in a heartbeat.

For those who don't know, chiropractors go through an education similar to that of medical doctors. BUT they learn a TON about nutrition, whereas a conventional doctor spends 2-3 hours of classroom time, at best, on nutrition. Why bother with nutrition--a well-nourished person doesn't need a doctor! And besides, there aren't any perks to prescribing veggies, like there is for anti-depressants or cholesterol meds! Ugh, I shouldn't get started. ;-)

Anyway, I really enjoy watching these videos. Dr. B advocates a raw food lifestyle...I suspect he's only high raw, but I don't know. His videos on cancer, vaccines, enzymes, and digestion were really good. The enzymes one will give a basic introduction to why raw food is good. But really, it's hard to choose, because they're all incredibly entertaining and informative. Even the topics that don't seem to apply to me or don't sound interesting end up having really great stuff in it, because our bodies are so intricately designed, that everything you do affects each system of the body. It's truly amazing!

I would highly recommend watching each and every one of his videos. In fact, watch them multiple times, and take notes! They are an easy introduction to how the body works, and how to make it work BETTER! I wish he'd start a podcast and take questions. That would be wonderful.

As an aside, if you are looking for a good chiropractor in your area who really knows their stuff, this was some advice Dr. Bergman gave in the comment section for one of his videos on cancer:

I have a list of 7 questions to find a corrective Chiropractor
1 do you take x-rays
2 do you get listings off of the x-rays
3do you work with disk injuries
4do you work with post surgery cases
5is your goal to correct the spine
6do you take post x-rays to document the structural changes
7can arthritis be reversed
if they say “YES” to all 7 you have a corrective Chiropractor


Now I just need to create the income to PAY a corrective chiropractor. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment